Friday 11 July 2014

2014 fall couture review part I

Disclaimer: I am here to record what I love as a fashion student and how I progress in the academic years. If you do not like this blog, simply press the X of the browser. Yes. I am a HongKonger born in Hong Kong and I speak Cantonese. I record these using English because I want to improve my English. It is that simple.

Back to the topic, 2014 fall haute couture fashion week has been happening these days. I have picked my favourite brands and outfits. I am gonna give some reasons why I like them.





Elie Saab
He has been my favourite couture designer since a few years ago. His use of colours, fabrics are just my cup of tea. I also love the dresses in those silhouettes that show women's body figure. The beadings on the gowns are just stunning and beautiful!! I also like the gowns showing women's legs in a faintly discernible way.



Christian Dior
I love Raf Simon's designs as it is more like Christian Dior's designs with a modern touch. His way of remaking Dior New Look is inspiring (as I have designed two collections inspired by Dior New Look but I think they are not great enough...)




Giambattista Valli
I am not that into the stripe dresses, but more into his floral embellished dresses (as always). The floral embellished dresses are so feminine and beautiful that I just fell in love with these dresses. What a coincidence that Valli is always inspired by Dior's New Look!


Atelier Versace
I don't always love the pantsuits appearing in couture shows... But Versace is an exception! She made the pantsuits look modern and sexy! The second gown above reminded me of Anthony Vaccarello! Let me show you some outfits of Vaccarello...




Anthony Vaccarello 2012 spring




Anthony Vaccarello 2013 Spring


Find me on: 

No comments:

Post a Comment